Friday, March 23, 2001

I just got into work.

My youngest daughter, S (11) , had the tubes in her ears removed this morning. I went with her and my wife, T. They gave her some medication to help ease her before going under. I must say it was pretty hilarious watching and listening to her as it kicked in. The actual proceedure took less then 15 mins but it took her well over 30 mins to wake up and then another very uncomfortable 30 mins watching her come out of it.

I was actually feeling light headed and queesy as she wept and mumbled in her extrememly disoriented state. It was horrible. She finally started coming around after shooting her up with something to combat the anathesia (sp?). It wasn't fun.

She's doing good and gave me the ok to come into work after promising her that I'd take her to Olive Garden for dinner tonight. She's grown up so fast... Oh yeah, she took her doodle teddy bear in with her and had all the nurses and doctors sign it. Her comfort zone.

For the record: My oldet daughter, X (yes, her name really starts with an X) is 14.5 and her brother C is 12.5. I've been living with T for 16 yrs now. We've been married 13 yrs this October.

Ciao