Friday, March 23, 2001

I wrote a huge entry and lost it when I tried to post -

I was saying how bored I was here at work with little to do and I thought I'd share a little so, here I go again.

- I'm a So Cal native
- I've been in Texas for the last 6.5 years (another story)
- I just turned 37
- I'm married with 3 children
- we just bought a bitchin' house
- I'm ready to go back into the studio.

For the last 30 months I've been an Internet guy fulltime. I do frontend design/production with middleware/backend integration. I've done alot of contract/freelance, some gig's with firms and I have my own shop that specializes in rich media/entertainment type web work. I've been contracting for the last 4 months at a global conglomerates' Internet shop here in Dallas as an advisor/integrator. The money is good.

Prior to the Fall of '98, I was a "rock-star". I recorded records for record companies, I was on the radio, I toured the country, etc., etc., etc.. I've had the priveledge of working with some amazing talent, I have the loyalist of fans and I've been an innovator in my own right.

The hardest part about my new "eLife" is hearing about some legit rock star that's a fan of my work or that I've influenced someway while I'm stuck doing the 9 to 5. Or I hear about how so and so is on tour, doing the festival circuit or I'll be asked to do the same but I'm "stuck" doing the day job routine...

There are at least 3 things that get me through the day in my new eLife...
1.
2. My family is intact, and
3. I've done a lot more in the last 15 years and have had a lot more success doing it then the majority of those trying today and/or tomorrow.

How lucky can a guy get?

BTW: #1 will come up in this blog eventually.

P.S. Don't mis-understand me. I am extremely happy with and in my eLife... somedays I just need to remind myself.
:)