Thursday, May 03, 2001

I got to the course after work yesterday.

For the last 2-3 weeks I'm doing something really funky with my irons. They're not comfortable in my grip unless the club head is "hooded", closed over to the left which is forcing me to hook the ball. I then correct it while I address the ball but then there's a horrible tug of war between my mind and my grip. During my back swing, it feels so wrong/ackward, that I'm actually shifting the club in my hand back to the "hooded" position before I strike the ball. If I don't re-adjust it it feels like I have no grip at all and then that's screwing up my shot as well. I went through a med size bucket of balls on the driving range to try to correct it and I did for a while but by the time I got on the course, I was all screwed up again. This just started happening so I don't know what's going on. I do know that it's freaking me out.

I went to the par 3 course 12 hole near the house and went around twice and shot my typical 96 (par 72). My issue with my irons is definately not helping my score come down. Golf...